About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Monday, May 3, 2010

party's over

Wow. Fun weekend. But, today the rain is here. It's Monday. Party's over.
Friday night school dance. Very fun! DJ got everyone out dancing. Well, not everyone, but all the kids, and the cool parents like Timm and I. Then we had neighbors over later, sat on the terrace for a couple of drinks and snacks, then watched the "Food Inc" dvd. I was right, it motivated me to take more steps towards purchasing and eating organic. I'd recommend watching it.
Saturday morning, awoke to 70 degrees, temps climbed to 88 throughout the day. We did a 5K as a family to support PTA. I tried not to get my expectations up to high that the girls would love it and push themselves to finish at a quick pace. So, when they smiled triumphantly while crossing the finish line at 1 hour and 7 min.....I smiled with them :) They finished! And they received a ribbon.
Later Saturday afternoon, the girls took two hours of dance classes. Their studio does a "Spring Sampler Session" and the girls can take as many classes as they want for 6 weeks! They are SO excited about dance right now! It is awesome. But, they were tired out.
While they were at dance, I took a bike ride, and hit some "stoop sales" in our neighborhood. YAY! One of my favorite things to do!!!
Burgers on the grill, sitting on the terrace for dinner. Ahhh, felt like summer.
Sunday we had a potluck at church, we all pigged out and enjoyed visiting with everyone.
Sunday evening, after going grocery shopping and picking up some goods for the upcoming "cinco de mayo", Timm had to test out his margarita skills. So, we sat on the terrace playing scrabble, he with his margarita, me with my beer.
Are you sure it's not summer???
But, it is Monday. Back to reality.
However, we do plan to have a little fun dinner party on Wednesday for "cinco de mayo".
May is here. Olivia's b-day is coming up. She is counting down the days!!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to ride the wave. What a fun filled weekend. It is so great to have joyous things to post. Our God knows the seasons of our life and the time of refreshing that are needed. Have a super week. tmp

Sonyia said...

We watched Food Inc Friday night too! Now Pete doesn't think my ideas are all wacky and has given up eating all fast food.