About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

colors

So, I just got back from a run in beautiful Prospect Park. Thank you God for placing us so close to that refuge of nature!!
When I am in the park, and I see the green, green, green of the grass, the wild growth, the various trees reaching high into the clouds....where I then see the blue, blue, blue, BLUE of the sky as a backdrop for the GREEN. So vibrant and bright and beautiful. When I see that, I think our spoken and written language is really lacking something. Because there is no way to describe those colors by saying the word "green" or "blue". It is more than a color or a word. It is an experience. It is something that is experienced at a spiritual level. When I see those colors, my spirit lifts and I am in complete worship of the creator of all things beautiful.
Some people equate worship with singing certain songs. Don't miss out on worship experiences that involve all of the incredible senses God gave you.
Stop and look around you. Feel the breeze on your skin. Smell the scents. Listen to sounds that bring you joy. Taste things in a new way. Experience things in a way that goes beyond explanation with words and can only be experienced at a spiritual level. Worship!
What has brought you to a place of pure adoration and worship lately?

No comments: