About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Monday, May 17, 2010

birthweek continued...

As I sit here munching on delicious fruit leftover from Olivia's birthday party, I reflect on the celebrations of the week. First of all, how cool is it when you ask your kid what kind of munchies she wants at her birthday party and she thinks it over and answers "Well, me and my friends all really like fruits and vegetable a lot, so can we have lots of fruits and veggies to munch on?" Ummm, SURE! Anyways, here is a picture of Liv and Alli on the morning of May 12th. After Olivia awoke to signs plastered all over, she opened her present, then we all went out to breakfast as a family before school. We had never done that before and it was very fun.
That evening, Timm was out of town, but the girls and Mama went out to Chuck E Cheese for games and pizza!
Olivia had shared some yummy cupcake cones with her class, and when we got home after chuck e cheese, we used one of the leftovers to light a candle and sing!
I don't have pictures from Friday night when we had a chocolate cake and ice cream and sang happy birthday to Liv with close friends! But, this picture of Liv and Timm is on Saturday night. We went to Red Hook and visited a multitude of taco trucks that line the street near a large soccer field. We tried many things! Palupas from the Dominican, Arepas con queso, Empanadas, taco con carne asada, tostada, mango juice, and another juice...what was it called again??? Don't remember. After that, we went to the water and had some dessert while we watched the sun set behind the statue of liberty. COME ON!
Alli said "this is the best food I've ever tasted in my life". I think we will be visiting the taco trucks again!
Alli is the Sole Survivor! She is awarded the million dollars as well as a prize (mud puddle pie mix in a bucket). We had a survivor birthday party. We didn't vote anyone off, but we did do challenges (Alli won the most). And, Jeff (Timm) did an auction where the items were not revealed until the bidding was done.
ONe of the challenges was fishing.
I think Olivia had a little bit of FUN! Look at that face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are the queen of best parties EVA! cooking parties, DJ rocken party, pool party, diva shopping day, and now survior. How awsome.
Again Happy Birthday Olivia.
tmp