About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Ahhhh. I can't recall a Memorial Day weekend with weather this awesome. We always HOPE for it, and make the plans to camp, BBQ, swim, etc. But, then it seems to end up being in the 50's, cloudy and drizzly!
So, I struggled yesterday, when the temps were a perfect 76 and I had no plans for the day, and I just didn't have my normal energy to take advantage of it. So, aside from taking the girls back and forth to their dance classes and taking a bike ride to a stoop sale (where I found sweet roller blades for Liv and a pogo stick and some books), I laid around and read all day.
Thing is, I needed the rest. By body was telling me to STOP. And, I need to listen to my body. I feel great today. But, I was reading some facebook posts and everyone wrote about their exhausting day of yardwork or going to the beach, and I felt strange that I laid around all day!
I did meet up with some friends in the city last night for dinner. But, even that seemed to take up all my energy. I just didn't have my "zing" yesterday.
Anyways, today is supposed to be 88, tomorrow 86. Today we are helping our neighbors organize their apartment. I'm sure we will take a break at some point, and throw some steaks on the grill!
But, tomorrow we hit the beach. Not sure which one yet, but we are looking forward to lounging by the Atlantic Ocean and having a fun family day taking advantage of the nice weather.
Happy Memorial Day weekend to all. And, thank you to all those who have served our country in the armed forces. And, to those who have given their lives as a sacrifice to serve this country. You are remembered!

2 comments:

Sonyia said...

AH REST! Such a wonderful joy! I'm glad you were able to get some. I do, however, remember a Memorial Day week-end where it did not rain 3 years ago. We did go 'camping' : ) But alas it was not warm enough to go swimming like it was this year.

Living My Backward's Life (formerly A Michigander Grows in Brooklyn) said...

Oh, yes, but two years ago. And I had a blast up north with y'all!