About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I hope you DANCE

These are a few pics from the school dance last Friday night. It was a luau theme. So, here are the girls posing in the surfer thing. Cute. And, below, Alli is dancing with her friends.
Here is Olivia dressed up and ready to DANCE the night away.

I have to admit, I am a real sucker for the song "I hope you dance". I can't even sing it without choking up. Because, that is what I want for my girls. If they have the chance to sit it out, or dance, I hope they DANCE!
And, come to find out, both of my girls are discovering a real passion for dance. They have played dress up and danced around our home for as long as I can remember. But, this year, they have BOTH come to LOVE their dance classes.
We have tried to expose them both to a variety of activities to see what they really love to do. And, by last year, it became clear that Alli really loves dance and performing arts. With Olivia, I just wasn't sure.
Well, it has become more clear that Olivia too has a passion for dancing! And, it brings absolute joy to my heart.
Today we were talking about enrolling in the dance studio for next year and what classes they might take. We talked a little bit about the expense involved. And, I was just honest with the girls about the sacrifice we will have to make financially to make it fit in our budget to do dance. And, Olivia said, "I'll give up anything to do dance. I'll give up going to Cedar Point if I have to. I just want to do dance more than anything!" Keep in mind, they are currently involved in the "Spring Sampler Session" where they can sample as many classes as they want. They are both doing 4 classes per week!!!! So, for Olivia to say that right now, I know she means it. Usually she gets tired of anything that takes up too much of her time. Not dance!
And, Olivia even got asked to enroll in an "invitation only" class that the owner of the studio is teaching next year because she sees Olivia's potential.
Sorry, I know I brag a lot about my kids, but if it bothers you, you should probably stop reading this blog because I don't see myself letting up any time soon on the bragging!

1 comment:

Little Rose of Sharon said...

It is wonderful that you encourage the girls to do what is important to them. I know you are the sports loving one, and letting them dance is not always your favorite activity. Yet, you so wonderfully guide them in the way they should go: both physical and spiritual.
They are going to shine like stars for the Kingdom of God. They are going to work for His purpose. And they are going to dance their way through life. tmp