About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Tomorrow

Sometimes God really tugs me towards scripture. This week, although I am reading Romans and 1John, I can't get out of my heart James 4:13-17

13"Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. 17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

It's slightly ironic because this verse has been very meaningful to me in God's pursuit of my heart, and letting go of my PLANS here in MIchigan. I realized that I wasn't asking him if he wanted me here. And, now He brings this verse to me again, as I begin to feel anxious about my PLANS to move to NYC. So many people ask me when we're moving and where we are going to live and where we are going to work, and where the kids will go to school. And, my reply is always "We don't know. We are feeling God lead us to be a part of this ministry, and we are waiting on His lead so we can move forward." And, often we hear follow up questions like "What if your house doesn't sell? What if Timm doesn't get a job? Will you still move?" And, again, I have to answer "Well, those things need to happen in order for us to move. So, until then, we know that God still wants us here."

God truly has me in a place where I can NOT say "today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city. . . " Because he has humbled me to surrender my own plans and wait for his lead. He has me right where he wants me. And for someone who THRIVES on PLANNING for TOMORROW, I need to lean on Him daily and just thank him for where I am TODAY!

1 comment: