About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma


Well, I don't know what the future brings. Still no job for Timm in NYC, still own our home. God has a plan, and his timing is always perfect. He is humbling me to submit to His plan, and stop trying to figure it all out on my own.
In the meantime, we are here.
We are blessed beyond comprehension. One blessing is our family. We live so close to family that we were able to have an impromtu bbq at my parents' house on Memorial Day, and everyone in my immediate family was there. All 17 of us. Actually 18, because my Father-in-law also came over for dinner since my MIL was out of town. How cool is that? And, tonight my family will gather again to do family photos right in my backyard.
Yesterday was Grandma K's birthday. How great to be able to spend time together as a family. Again, impromptu plan turns into all of us enjoying Liv's soccer game, and going out for dinner afterwards. And, my parents joined us for the game.
I personlly have no way to relate to Mother in Law jokes. I think I got the best one available on earth. To say I feel blessed by her, and the rest of that family would be an understatement. I thank God every day for her and for the whole family I acquired through Timm. And if a day goes by when I take them for granted, shame on me!
This weekend will be more time spent camping and hanging out with them. And, while it would be nice to know what the future holds. . . I thank God for the present and relish this time with ALL of my family.

No comments: