About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

a night in the city


Ahhh. I needed that. This is me in downtown Detroit on a date with my husband. He called me earlier this week and informed me that he was taking me out to the Tiger's game on Wednesday and that he already had the babysitter set up. I was so happy that tears of joy literally sprang from my eyes. I seriously needed that! What a guy! And what an awesome loving friend who volunteered to watch the girls. Shout out to Christine. Here she is, in the middle of all the crap going on in her life, loving on the Kelly family. What a blessing! The kids had a blast going to McDonalds AND dairy queen, and playing on the computer and watching tv, and all that great stuff they did with Ms. Welc! She even had to vacate the premises becuase we had a showing on the house. Seriously, she is awesome. And, meanwhile, this was my face as I enjoyed a night in the city. Timm and I talked about how we feel energized when we are in the city. We are just amazed that we will soon be living in such a BIG city. How does God take two people who grew up in the country on a bunch of quiet land and put a passion in their heart for city life? It's something about the people that makes it so appealing. We had fun just reflecting on that. The Tigers game was awesome! We beat the Red Sox. Although, I wouldn't have even known who we played if it weren't for Timm telling me. I was more interested in gabbing. I was having a very hard week with my level of anxiety. So, I was able to unload it all and dump it all out on Timm. And, Ahhhhhh, I feel much better now. What is it about vomitting your garbage out on someone else's lap that is so cathartic? So, now I am completely exhausted and can't really think straight. We had a few drinks, ate crappy food, stayed out late, we laughed, I cried, I purged my innermost fears and cried some tears of anxiety, and it was a weeknight. Sooooooo, now that I managed to get the kids off to school, I have to get my butt in gear and figure out how I can get through this long day with very little sleep. And tonight is my girl's club!!!! I am a party animal. Tonight, we are discussing out "bucket list" with each other. Should be a great time.

3 comments:

T$ said...

That was the best date I have had with you in too long. I love you deeply and can't wait to move to the city and spend my life with you. Even if you are a Yankees fan.

K said...

and here I thought you'd just be shivering and cold... I'm glad you had such a good time.. I can't wait to see the fam on Sunday!

Morgan's Mom said...

HOW SWEET!
Do you realize what an inspiration you both are to others??!!
So happy you were able to get out and relax and shake off some steam.
See you tonight.