About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

mothers day gift












what is the best mothers day gift you have ever gotten or given? bet I can beat yours! Six years ago, I was blessed with a prefectly beautiful baby girl on Monthers day morning! Not only was she beautiful, with the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen, and the skin tone I'd always dreamed of myself, but more importantly, she was EARLY! I was relieved of my final week of pregnancy. Yipee. Not only that, but I was just assuming I would be over due like I was with my first, so it felt like she was two weeks early!!! That would explain the denial I was experiencing the entire day as I experienced many signs of labor. I finally had to listen to my sister and my husband as they conspired together and attempted to communicate to me what was actually happening!

So, this year my sweet baby girl turned six. It seems impossible. But, when I look at her huge smile with the gaping spaces where baby teeth once resided, I know its true. My baby is a big girl now. Its bitter sweet. Ive been asking her for about 3 years to STOP growing and getting bigger, but she resists my authority on this for some reason. She just keeps getting older. No more rolls of baby fat, no more bald head, no more toddling, no more baby talk, no more lisp, no more round face with pudgy cheeks, but. . . a lot less throwing herself on the floor and writhing in agony while screeching my name over and over until Im certain the neighbors will come to see what is wrong. . . . and a lot less accidents where Im gritting my teeth, looking at her in complete disgust, incredulously stuffing many explitives down my throat and opting for mere sarcasm as I wipe semi dried poop off of legs and clothes, and every other object in sight. . . and a lot deeper questions as I tuck her into bed. Its so cool to watch them grow.

We partied. She had her "family party" on Sunday. We were able to celebrate her, as well as Mommies. Then, on MOnday she had a pajama party. Not a sleep over, but 7 little beauties came in their jammies to eat junk food, play games, dance to music and scream like girls! I cant figure out how to slow down time. It just keeps slipping away. But, I have learned to slow down ME. I enjoy every quiet moment I have to peer into my kids faces and try to burn the memory into my head and my heart. And, what I dont burn, I capture on video or pictures :)

1 comment:

Morgan's Mom said...

Happy Birthday BIG Girl! They are both turning into lil' ladies!
By reading this it makes me want to go home and stare at my daughter. I have learned to leave the dishes in the sink for a few more minutes so I can indulge in her face more.