About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

What's happening?

Sometimes I neglect to update what is happening around here.
First of all, Alli. Much prayer about which middle schools to consider, apply for, etc. We turned in an application in December with our top 3 choices for schools within our district. Should be hearing from them soon to set up a date for Alli to come in and interview/audition with them. With the loving guidance of Daddy, Alli did apply for a scholarship to one private school in Manhattan. She spent time completing a test, going there for an interview and additional testing. We found out this week that she was not selected for the scholarship. We're fine with that. It was a great experience for her to give it a try. Now, we continue to pray that God would just lead her to the right school!
Second, me. I am definitely NOT going to be taking that full time job opportunity. Although I have made this decision, it really wasn't even left for me to make. The principal never contacted me. So, that door is closed, and I have a renewed appreciation for the AWESOME life I have! Not NEEDING to work is an amazing blessing that I never take for granted. But, I appreciate it more than ever. I'm energized to pour myself into loving God and loving others! Pouring into my family and church and community.
Third, Timm. He is being patient. This is one particular area where God has stretched us beyond our limits! And, here we are again. Being sharpened in the area of.....waiting....being patient.... never losing faith. Timm has worked very hard to assist in the opening of a new charter school in East New York. He is not the principal of the school, he is the "principal in residence". The intention is for him to be fully equipped to open HIS school this fall. Well, the company that runs the charter schools and employs Timm is 100% ready to name him as principal of this new school. All they need is the thumbs up from the school board. So, Timm interviewed with them. Twice. He was informed that they would make a decision by Jan 1. It's now Jan 28. He had a great second interview Wed night. He was told they would make their decision that night. They did not. So, we wait. Everything of THIS WORLD would pull us to be anxious about this. But, I am not. God is in control of every aspect of our lives. He has led us in each step of our journey to move to NY. So much had to happen, and He orchestrated it all exactly the way He wanted. And, in His perfect timing. So, we wait. And, we do it with joyful hearts, praising God for His unending faithfulness. I'm not saying it doesn't stretch us! We do live in this world! We are not immune to anxiety creeping in, impatience nagging at us, doubt tapping on the shoulder. But, true surrender is knowing that Jesus is enough. No matter what. And, God will take care of us. We can rest in that.
So, that just leaves Olivia without an update? She's great as usual. Our resident comedian. Full of life, love, laughter. Writing books, songs, and journal entries that warm our hearts. Telling riddles and brain teasers and stumping us all. And of course, chubby cheeks still in tact for pinching!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3 days in a row. Love this.
Great way to honor God in your faithful walk.
It brings to mind Isa. 63:11 I will mention the lovingkindness of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindness.

keep us updated. tmp