About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

17 years

Surprise.
When I woke up this morning (after going to bed before Timm got home, and waking up after he left for work-what a slug) there was a card on the table for me.
It was a super schmoopy card from the love of my life, my husband. Wishing me a happy 17 year anniversary of our first date!!!
Whenever people would ask about how Timm and I met, or how we started dating, I would be unable to nail down exactly what happened because our relationship evolved from friendship to dating. But, Timm would always stop me and give a clear account of the exact DATE that our relationship turned a corner.
January 3, 1993.
And then he always proceeds to tell how we went out and I made the first move by placing my hand on his leg while we were sitting together and how I left it there as we were talking and how that changed everything!
Well, I guess I'll concede. I made the first move, and it did change everything!
I just THANK GOD that He brought us together. We are both absolutely positive that God brought us together and has led us down a path growing closer to Him and each other all the while.
Even though we didn't know Jesus personally at the time, or even think He was involved, I know for sure that he was sitting there at "Four Greenfields" pub on January 3, 1993 orchestrating the events that would bring Timm and I into a life of true peace and joy that can only come from Him.
Thanks God.
Hope you bless us with lots more anniversaries to celebrate!

1 comment:

Living My Backward's Life (formerly A Michigander Grows in Brooklyn) said...

So sweet! You are both an example to me and I'm glad you're in my life.