About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Friday, October 2, 2009

It's October

October is here!

The girls are having fun making some birthday cards for all of the October birthdays we have in our family. Also, they are creating some invitations for Alli to give her friends, as she turns 10 next week and will be having a little party. She experienced just a little bit of drama in the issuing of the invites to her selected 5th grade girl friends. Oh boy, let the drama of being a "tween" begin. She didn't want to make anyone feel left out, but of course it is inevitable at times, and she was feeling a little grief and confusion about the whole thing. Life lessons.

As I have been walking in our neighborhood, it is so refreshing to see people putting out their Fall decor. You know, brightly colored mums in big pots, scarecrows, pumpkins, red, orange and yellow leafs made into a garland. Of course, then there has to always be the few who would rather turn their space into a nasty cemetery with bloody hands poking out of the ground and spider webs everywhere....not as refreshing for me to see....but to each their own. Anyways, I felt inspired to maybe get something to decorate the front of our new home. We have plans to get pumpkins later in the month. But, maybe a mum or something? But, someone beat me to it! YAY! I'm liking this "renter" status. Our landlord came by, and put a few fall items out front, and some scented pine cones in the entry so that when we come in out of the cool fall air, into the warm entry way, it has the smell of cloves. October is here....ahhh.




2 comments:

K said...

yeah!!!! Kelly girl faces!!!! I hope you have WONDERFUL weekend, not that anything exciting is happening.

Anonymous said...

How super, I didn't know landlords did that stuff. I am so happy for Allison and the fact she has too many new friends to invite. It is a proble, but such a great one to have.
tmp