About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Fun

Well, we had plans to go to the Queens farm to do the whole pumpkin picking, hayride, apples and cider thing....but it was a crummy day....so we cancelled. But, we did go to the local fruit market and grabbed a few pumpkins! Carved one, painted another, and did Mrs Potato head princess to the third. made some pumpkin seeds in the oven (one batch salted, the other cinnamon/sugar).

Then, I went on a field trip with Liv's class to a nursery on Staten Island where they got to pick out a small pumpkin to paint, go in some bounce houses, eat lunch, and browse the nursery and gift shop. It was a gorgeous day! So fun. On the bus ride back to school, Liv asked me if she would be staying at school when we got back, or if she'd be going home. I told her I wasn't sure how much time there would be left in the school day, so we'd have to see. She said "Mom, if it's OK for me to stay, can I please stay at school for the rest of the day?" Sure enough, we arrived at the school about an hour before dismissal. Her teacher said that she could be dismissed if we wanted, but Liv said "No, please Mom! Can't I please stay at school?" Wow, she LOVES school so much and she LOVES her teacher so much. One tiny piece of me wishes she wanted to come home with me, but overall, I could not be more thrilled that she loves school SO MUCH!






3 comments:

K said...

Yeah! Fun pics. I miss them so much. I am already longing for Thanksgiving to come!

Anonymous said...

Ok what is with the sun dress in October? You moved East not South. It is such a treat to view the pictures and see the handy work of these talented gals. I think it is so great that she is loving school. You knew she loved to learn and now she enjoyes the building and the area too. She will have wonderful memories of you being there on her trips.

Great face on Allison gutting the pumpkin.
Happy Harvest time. Pickel Head

Anonymous said...

I love you guys!