About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How'd I get so lucky?


Seriously, how did I get so lucky?

My man is so good to me. He works his butt off all week, when he gets home, he takes care of all the stupid crap I can't do, and then he arranges for babysitters so we can go out. And if that weren't enough, he always remembers to build me up and encourage me and tell me how great I am. I know, eat your heart out.

At church, they passed a hat around and asked people to throw in a request for something you could use help with. Then, if you put in a request, you pull one out. So, just a little exercise in helping each other out as a community. Timm put in a request for a babysitter so he could take his wife out on a date. :)

Of course, becuase God works in such amazing ways, the person who drew the request was really excited and said that she was hoping to offer us a night out anyways because she thought it would be fun to have the girls over for a sleepover!

So, on Saturday night, the girls had an exciting sleepover, and we went out. We walked around downtown Brooklyn, found a quaint little place with candle light, parked our butts there for a few hours having a glass of wine and some Tai food. THen, we got coffee, walked around some more, and headed home.

When we got home, Timm said he had a wonderful night and I said "If you think listening to me talk non stop for four hours is fun!" ANd he replied with a smile "I guess I do, cuz that was really fun".

2 comments:

T$ said...

Can't wait for the next date....:)

Anonymous said...

What a great way to spend a night. Ahh a walk and a talk. Sounds like Steve and I along the water in PH. Glad you got a special evening with your special friend.
tmp