About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Countdown is on...















So, the countdown is on. My little Livvy will be heading to school a week from today. She will start 2nd grade. She will be gone for about 7 hours each day. Ouch. That really hurts.

When Liv was one, I quit work to be home full time. I dabbled in a few part time gigs, but I mostly used my niece and nephew to babysit and tried to time it so that I was gone during her nap time. We did homeschool for preschool. She went to Kindergarten from 8-11:30. Then, last year, we homeschooled again.

What I'm saying is....I have never had to send her away for seven hours a day. This is the first time. Ugh.

This past weekend, Daddy took Alli out on a Sunday afternoon date. So, I got to hang out and have some one on one time with Liv. These pics were taken in prospect park, near our new home. We rode our bikes, did a craft and explored the audobon building, read a book on the grass under a tree, climbed a tree, and enjoyed the lake. It occurred to me as we enjoyed our hours together, how much I just love being with my girls! And, I have been SO SPOILED by hanging out with Liv. It's going to be hard for me to say goodbye. We have had 7 years of hanging out together, and I absolutely LOVE IT. She is so smart and cute and witty and silly and inquizitive and affirming and loving.

I am confident that school is going to offer her some great challenges and opportunities. ANd, I am sure that God has clearly answered my prayers reagarding what to do with my girls for school. I know that we are making the right choice in sending them to school this year. But, that doesn't make it easy.

I cried a bit on Alli's first day of Kindergarten. I cried a bit more on her first day of first grade. THat was a LONG day. I don't know if I will shed tears next week, as God has taught me to trust in Him and not to worry. But, the emotions involved in missing my girls are real, and I wouldn't doubt if some tears fall.

OK, since I always feel that I need to be "fair" I better include a pic of Alli! This is a self portrait of her that I found on my phone. A little blurry, but cute. I actually can't even go into my emotional state about Alli going into 5th grade. It is more than I am even ready to articulate. I'll just say that I thank GOD for her strength of character, her amazing personality and her mature view of many social situations. And, I will be PRAYING like crazy for her strength to be the little leader she was created to be, and to not give into any pressure to comprimise herself!













1 comment:

K said...

Oh how I want to squeeze those faces!