About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What are you going to do with all your time?







\
OK, I understand this question. What AM I going to do now that both of my girls are in school ALL DAY LONG???



My answer? I'm not sure.



However, God has shown me his faithfulness in opening doors of opportunity if I can just patiently allow Him to take the lead.



For now, I am taking care of the home, waiting to find out how I can volunteer at the school, running errands (which takes 4 times as long in this city than they did in MI), and realizing how much work it actually was to homeschool last year. Wow. Shout out to the mom's who are home schooling! You are amazing. I loved it and it was SO fulfilling, and SO busy and all-consuming!



So, today is the first day of school for my sweeties.



I have been on my knees, praying for God to give them peace, strength, joy and perseverence to work hard and make great choices while they are at school. I have been praying for each of them to make a good friend. ANd I have been praying for each of them to be used by God.



Happy first day of school!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at all those kids waiting to start the new year. I loved Olivia's bow. That is Allison's comfort shirt, I know why she picked it~ lots of momories made in that one. Enjoy your hours of solitude; it flies by fast, then poof you have to go pick them up.
TMP

K said...

I am bummed that I can't see the girls first day of school shoes! I thought I'd want to see those pics, but they made me heartsick! I hope the girlies loved their first day of school. I really want to squeeze them now.

Living My Backward's Life (formerly A Michigander Grows in Brooklyn) said...

So how did it go? For you and the girls?

Morgan's Mom said...

Domestic Diva I am sure you will find your new nitch very soon.
The girls looks so grown up. Enjoy the new school and new adventures that await you and them!!