About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ahh, the weekend

It may sound like I am relieved to have the weekend arrive because I am exhausted from a hectic workweek. Not exactly. Reality has sunk in this week. My kids are gone. All day. I miss them. So, I am enjoying the weekend because I am hanging out with my very fun kids and my great husband. Ahhh.

So, as I have mentioned before, people ask me what I am going to do with my time now that my girls are in school. I still have to answer "I'm not sure".

This week I had to get Olivia from school one day because she had a stomach ache that persisted for over a week. I also was experiencing a bit of a stomach problem for several days, so I had to take it easy. Then I took both girls to a doc appt for a physical one day. I was scheduled to volunteer with friends from church, but had to cancel because of Olivia not feeling well.

So, each day I am waking up, spending some time with God, and asking him to guide my steps for the day. I literally ask him to help me make my daily "to-do" list. And I am focusing on each day as it comes. Just so ya know, that is NOT the way I am wired. God is stretching me. I desperately want to fill my calendar and feel like I am being productive and useful and BUSY. But, God is clearly telling me to step back and give him control and be AVAILABLE and take his daily and weekly assignments as they come. UGH! I know, I can't actually complain, because I'm already sure i"ll get a handful of comments saying "oh, you poor thing. you have a lot of free time? that must be so hard." But, if you really know me, you know I am being stretched!

Anyways, I am going to get off the computer a play a game with my sweet 9 year old. I am not ready to start calling her 10, but it won't be long now!

We enjoyed a visit with a friend that olivia made at school. They came over today and I visited with her mom and my girls played with her two girls. We ended up walking to their place to visit and, in all, we spent 4 hours together! It was nice. New friends! YAAY!

TOmorrow I send alli off with a friend to celebrate the girl's birthday. She gets to go the movies, then for pizza with her friend! I'm only a tiny bit nervous about sending her off with parents I do NOT know.....pray for me.

Ahhh, the weekend

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Him doing YOUR to-do list! I get it. That is a trust issue, one you are dealing with splendidly. To Trust the Holy One, to set your day upon His will, to allow the Spirit to be your guiding force~ that is walking out your faith daily. Great job dieing to self and being raised with Him in newness of life.

Bummer on the tummy issues. Yippee on the girl friends and party plans.

keep looking UP!
tmp

T$ said...

Thanks for always taking such great care of your family. I love spending time with you and the girls on the weekends, too, so thanks for giving me some time to catch up on myself also. Much love.