About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A spledid Saturday



What a splendid Saturday for the Kelly family.


Started out by heading out to St. Joe's soup kitchen. We helped set up the "restaurant" that would serve 200-300 meals to those in need. We set up tables and chairs, cleaned, cooked, wrapped silverware, did dishes, and more. And, my little girls rolled up their sleeves and dove right in to help. For 2 1/2 hours, they worked non stop and never asked for a break, a snack, or anything! It felt so right to spend our family time together serving. Thank you God for giving my girls such serving hearts. We look forward to MANY opportunities to use our time, treasure and talent to honor God by serving the needs of his precious people.
Next, we split up and Alli and I went shopping in Manhattan. We were looking for shoes for her, and we had a great time! My little girl, who has feet the size of a woman, has learned that sometimes the shoes that LOOK good do not FEEL good. With all of the walking we do now, she has to be practical in her choices. So, the little strappy cute things she was desiring didn't work out for her. Although she tried many on, she knew they just weren't comfortable enough to walk in. But, she is thrilled with what she found, so that is good. And I was happy too. Because she ended up finding them at payless and we were able to do the bogo 1/2 off. So, she got two pair.
Meanwhile, Daddy and Livvy went to the green market in Union Square to get some produce. They spent some time walking around and enjoying a Saturday afternoon also.
When we all got home, we rested and relaxed. Ahhhh. So nice.
The girls watched a movie, Timm read and napped, I read and took a bike ride. Then we enjoyed our fresh sweet corn for dinner. It wasn't bad, but you must understand that we are spoiled. We have enjoyed a lifetime of the BEST sweet corn anyone will ever taste....for free. Because my family grows it, we've always had a supply. This is the first harvest season of my entire life that I don't have a supply of my Dad's produce! And, for those of you in the Macomb/St clair county area, you must check out the "corn mobile" on Gratiot at 30 mile rd. If you like sweet corn, just dew it! IT is the BEST!
A splendid Saturday indeed.
Life is good.

2 comments:

K said...

I am sorry you don't get to have the real deal corn-wise. Because I have had some top notch corn this summer!

Living My Backward's Life (formerly A Michigander Grows in Brooklyn) said...

Thought you'd like to know that they served 461 meals on Saturday!