About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BVA in NYC!






OK, I am definitely the luckiest wife EVAR. Sorry for rubbing it in to all you other wives out there who had to settle for the man you got, because I got the best one!

Not only that, but I have the best friend EVAR too!
Last night, my husband surprised me. When I got home from taking Olivia to dance, our friend was here, ready to babysit for the evening.



Come on, I came home to this smiling face! And what did she say when we got home? She said "The girls and I agree that next time you should go out on a weekend night so we get more time together and you don't come home so early".
Then, I left with my man and we went into the city, lower east side. We were walking down the sidewalk, enjoying all of the cute pubs and cafes, when we stopped in front of one. Timm pointed to a poster in the window and said "Hmmm, look who's playing tonight. Wanna check it out?"
My response.... "SHUT UP!" And I pushed him almost into the street. My absolute, all time, favorite singer/song writer ever was performing at the "living room". Brian Vanderark was the lead singer for the Verve Pipe, then he has released several solo albums. I have probably seen him perform over 20 times over the last 15 years. He is from Grand Rapids, MI, so I wasn't expecting to see him pop up at a small venue in NYC. It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
OK, so if that wasn't enough to make me smile from ear to ear non stop for hours....get this. We were able to chat with Brian before he went on. We have met him a few times, and he (sorta) remembered us. He asked us if we wanted him to add any requests to his play list. YES! Then, he had to excuse himself to submit his VIP list to the ticket guy, and stuff like that. So, he takes a few steps away, then comes back and says "Hey, what am I thinking. I'll put you guys on my VIP list. Just give your name to the ticket seller, and you'll get in." So, we were VIP for the night! We didn't even have to pay for our tickets!!! Seriously.
For some people, this would just be a nice night out. For me, it was the BEST!!!! Did I mention I love this guy? I am a nerd fan. I turn into a total dork because I like this guy so much. Next time he comes to NYC, I hope to bring a bunch of friends!
But, this time, it was the best date night I could have ever dreamed up. ANd, I was so glad to have Timm all to myself to enjoy the night.

3 comments:

Morgan's Mom said...

You get the BEST surprises!! How awesome you deserve every minute, so glad you had the BEST time eva with your hubby.
Brought a little tear to my eye, there are awesome men out there.

Anonymous said...

Surprise!! How wonderful to have a great night on the town and a man who love you!!

K said...

Shut Up! You are one lucky lady.