About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

take 'em to the zoo

So, the last couple have days have held a more relaxed pace. The girls seemed to be craving some time to just play and rediscover their toys and be creative. So I was able to get a bunch of little things done like hook up my webcam and skype aunt KT. Yay. We're ready for the Jetson-type communication now for whoever is equipped! And, loading and ordering photos, and organizing the printed ones into albums, and bunch of other little things that have been on my to do list.
Last night we went to our bible study group. Every other week is a study, then the next week is a time to reach out together to serve. So, last night we took garbage bags and walked the streets surrounding the neighborhood our church services will be in and we cleaned up garbage while praying for each person God will put in our path as we start our proclamation of the gospel there on Sundays. The girls were so awesome. THey truly are little servants.
Today we are going to check out the Bronx zoo. Wed is "pay what you wish" day. So, we are making the one and a half hour trek up there to check it out. My friend babysits a 3 year old boy on Wed and she is going to meet us up there. It is a high of 90 today, but there is not humidity. So, it will be fine.
Oh, I haven't even posted yet about my friends coming to visit!!!! What the heck!??!
I can't post all about it, becuase I'd be writing way too much. I will say that it was so wonderful to have them here visiting. It filled me up beyond measure. I loved seeing the city with them and showing them around Brooklyn. What else can I say? I love them and it was so awesome to see them. I thought I'd cry when they left, but I didn't. I think that everything is still fresh and new and exciting and exhausting here. I have not yet reached a point where it is mundane. That is when I will feel a void and miss my friends and family. And, like Timm pointed out, you don't really miss them until it has been a while since you've seen them! Duh. That makes sense.
OK, gotta pack some lunches for the zoo!

1 comment:

Sonyia said...

Let me know when you get to the miss 'em stage and I'll start to plan a visit : )