About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Friday, August 14, 2009

A sad goodbye

This week has been filled with many goodbyes. Friends......Family.......hometown and state.......
And, here we are in our new home, and I find myself having to say goodbye again. This time I must part ways with a treasured possesion that has been a significat part of my life for the past 10 years. Yes, it is my treadmill.
Apparantly something must have gotten "jacked up" during the move.
It was actually comical. Monday morning, Timm's gone to work, girls are in PJ's slowly easing into the day, and I hop on my treadmill for a run. Pop my earbuds in and start jogging. As i'm bopping along, I am FILLED with joy. I am literally praising God over and over....for the beautiful apartment I'm in, and the fact that it actually has room for my treadmill, and I'm able to go for a jog while the kids are right there in the living room. I'm actually running with a big smile on may face because I am so happy.
Suddenly...."what in the world is that screeching noise? and, oops, what just happened? the belt hesitated. what the?"
I look down, and the belt had shifted a bit and was off track and screeching along and not doing well.
After I used my keen mechanical sense and bloodied my knuckles trying to get the belt back into position through brute strength and hand dexterity....I conceded that I was losing the battle.
Chalk up another thing on Daddy's "honey-do" list.
"Come on girl's....get dressed...let's go for a bike ride so mommy can finish her jog." So, the girls biked, while I jogged along. And, that was fine. But, they simply don't have the endurance right now to go as far or fast as I'd like.
Well, Timm gave his best effort to save the life of our beloved. But, to no avail. She was pronounced dead on Wednesday evening at 9:30pm.
So, I used my jumprope a few times this week, as I can watch the girls play at the park while getting my exercise in. Or I can go in the "back yard" while they are in the apartment. And, I used my new Tae Bo dvd (believer's workout-which was kinda neat). But, I am jonesing for a run.
So, I think I may have to do a little shopping. I looked on Craigslist and online. I don't need anything fancy. But, I believe I need to say goodbye, pitch this baby to the curb and find a replacement!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keenly remember the phrase. " I could live with out the t.v., but don't ask me to live without my treadmill". What a bummer deal. I'm glad it is summer and you can get out most days still. Did the girls tybo with you?

the text deal last night was funny. Hope you knew how much we were missing you! tmp