About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Princess and the kiss...

This is my little princess. At the risk of embarrassing her, I had to share this. First of all, I have to say how much I am cherishing our time together during our days of home schooling. We have the opportunity to share so much. Each morning we begin the day with devotional and journal time. Alli is using the "Princess and the Kiss" devotional that accompanies a great book we've read together. (By the way, if you have your own little princess, you need this book!).
During our discussion yesterday, the subject arose about what a woman should look for in a man when seeking a husband. Alli shared that she has thought about this, and has a pretty good idea of what she hopes to find in a boy. She shared with me. (Later, I asked her to share with Daddy too, which just confirmed that she really had thought about this, because the list remained the same).
Here is what she shared: "Mom, I already have an idea of what I want to look for in a boy to be my husband.....I would like him to be sensitive.....but not too sensitive. Cute. That he'd love me so much he'd give his life for me. And that he'd love God and turn to him. Because when we have hard times or argue or disagree, I want us to be able to both turn to God together for help to figure things out."
Hmmmm, she's nine. Let's hope she can hold on to these convictions. Thank you God for my little princess!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sure is a great little gal. How wonderful for Truth to be in her heart and mind. Such a great joy to know she is learning to see things from God's prespective and not the worlds ideas. Love you lots. Thanks for keeping my blog addition alive and moving. thanks for the sled photos also. You are the best aunt in the whole world....

T$ said...

I love you so much.

K said...

She is so dang smart!

Living My Backward's Life (formerly A Michigander Grows in Brooklyn) said...

She's nine??? It took me nearly 40 years to figure this out!