About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

give me neither poverty nor riches

My prayer for the new year.
Proverbs 30:8-9
8Keep falsehood and lies far from me,
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread
9Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say "Who is Lord?"
Or I may become poor and steal
and so dishonor the name of my God.
It's a tough prayer to truly give to God. Because I'd love to pray for prosperity and security, and comfort. But, I know that when I have all of those things, I find myself drifting along feeling pretty good about MYSELF and how well I'VE done. So, I need to be humbled. Yet, I do pray to be spared from poverty. Because that scares me. And I fear that I would be tempted to horde and not put my faith in his provisions.....
Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awsome prayer. Great open heart.
Love you lots. tmp