About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Or...maybe not?

OK, so in my last post, I was pretty sure we had found the Kelly's new residence in NY. Now, it appears to have changed. I believe this would be our "welcome to New York" experience. We applied for the apartment (rather frenetically as the bank was about to close in 10 minutes and we thought another person was considering putting in an application as well).
Long story short, the other applicant was selected. So, we are having our broker pull new listings and starting over. No biggee. Although I am disappointed, I am fully confident that God is in control and knows what is best for us. We spent time in prayer and we feel at peace that there is something else for us.
What we set out to do this week was narrow down a neighborhood. Mission accomplished. We absolutely love the neighborhood and it is a reasonable commute for Timm to get to work. It is farther from the church than we hoped, but again, we feel peace with the fact that this is where God is leading us.
For a brief time there, I thought maybe we could come back to Michigan and really figure out exactly what we would be taking with us to NY. Now, we aren't entirely sure about our space again. But, I WILL be getting my stuff together this week for a garage sale!
I think I'll send that email out right now.
Garage sale at the Kelly home:
Thurs/Fri/Sat April 23,24,25
9am-4pm

No comments: