About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter

Well, I am not sure if I have anything profound to share. But, Happy Easter.
Easter brings me so much joy, I can hardly stand it.
When I let the reality of the resurrection sink into my spirit, I am overwhelmed.
It has been a life long journey of trying to grasp the meaning of this celebration. I think I have recently been able to experience the reality of it more than ever.
For me, Easter represents EVERYTHING. It is God's invitation to me. An invitation to surrender my own agenda and self serving life and instead live a life honoring Him, my creator. And, not only that, but it is an invitation to become a NEW CREATION where I am not a slave to my sin. That is SWEET!
Well, I have accepted the invitation.
And, tomorrow, on Easter Sunday, I will celebrate this amazing thing that God did for ME!
We will spend the early morning in Central Park during the sunrise with our church friends, our community of believers, the people who have literally become my brothers and sisters in this faith walk. We will worship and praise God, and share some prayer and scripture with anyone interested in hanging out with us. We'll bring some food for those who don't have any. THen, we will hang out for some time to enjoy each other at our friends apartment. After that, we will enjoy some family time and then share a meal with some great friends.
God, thank you for your plan to save me from a life of bondage to sin. And thank you for a day to celebrate that gift. I hope I remember this day of Easter each and every day of the year.

No comments: