About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

party time

We like to party over here at the kelly home.
Thursday night I had my first BUNCO night in Brooklyn. It was really great. I didn't know what to expect, but really hoped people would be interested in coming. Ended up having 12 of us! We talked, ate, drank, talked, and played bunco. Ahhh, I love being a woman. There was a consensus that we should do it again, and several people offered to host next time. It's a little different hosting 12 women in a small apartment on a school night, as opposed to a big house with a finished basement! Kids couldn't get to sleep till everyone left. Anyways, happy it was a success. And, Timm was a trooper, he didn't feel very swell, but hunkered down with both girls in our bedroom and watched a movie and laid low.
Friday night we had our small group. Still small! Val and Neal came over. Timm felt better, and was ready to venture back into the eating world. So, we let him choose take out for dinner. He chose Tai food. We enjoyed a night eating Tai food, sharing stories, looking at the bible and discussing it.
Tonight we decided to have a wii party with the KKFT. So, we are jamming some of our favorite 2,756 tunes on my ipod and playing wii. (RIght now it is Goober and the Peas) OK, I'll admit, my attention limitations make it very difficult for me to play most games. I tried mario and it stressed me out a bit. I was barking out at the kids and my anxiety level was up. Not the best method of getting your heart rate up. So, now I am a spectator until we do guitar hero or a game where we are moving non stop. Oh, nascar racing is next, I'm gonna give that a shot. Gotta go.
Tomorrow is Superbowl. Timm is reminiscing about his superbowl sunday traditions from MI. He called his cousins and uncles telling them he is missing their "up north" expeditions. But, he is hosting a guys night to watch the game and play some poker and eat some snacks. The girls and I are having a party of our own. It's called Chuck - e - cheese!
PARTY weekend.
We also went this morning to St. Joe's soup kitchen to help set up and cook. Always a nice family activity.
One more thing. A friend of mine asked me if I might be interested in joining her this Spring running a....marathon. Yes, a marathon. I immediately said "no". Then, I decided to think it over. I am thinking it over. Running 26 miles all at once? May 30 in Vermont. Hmmmm, I'm thinking it over.....maybe....it has turned from a no into a definite maybe.
Church tomorrow morning, then more partying. Good times.
Nascar cart, here I come.

2 comments:

K said...

I believe you can do it!

Anonymous said...

Good job working the soup kitchen. I find you so inspiring.
tmp