About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Monday, December 21, 2009

My girl's club

This is for my girl's club.
"ding dong" my doorbell rings at 7pm. Who could that be? It's the UPS guy, with a package for me. For me? Smile, smile.
I open it up to find some sweet and thoughtful items, including tissue because we NEVER made it through a girl's club without crying, usually from laughing so hard that tears were inevitable. Sometimes real tears of sentiment. As I was pulling out each item, Olivia said "Oh your girl's club sure knows you well!"
I must admit though, I know you guys well too! So, my girls' will confirm that I was suspicious from the MOMENT I SAW THE BOX! I swear, I was! I just KNEW what was coming. Lurking in the bottom of my package.....there it was.....the PEPPER GRINDER!!!!

So, I decided I'd try to find a place to put my gift. Hmmm, this counter is pretty much full.

Maybe over here? Ummm, I don't think so.

On top of the stove? Definitely not. I'm running out of ideas in my kitchen/dining room/living room.

Wait, I do have tall ceilings....what if.....

There. Perfect new home for the infamous pepper grinder.

THANK YOU MY FOREVER FRIENDS. MY SISTERS. I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. YOU MAKE ME LAUGH AND CRY ALL AT ONCE. THANK YOU FOR BEING THE BEST FRIENDS EVERRRRRRR.
And, just so you know, I think the grinder is out of circulation for a while. I really like it up there. And, it will remind me of you idiots every day.
Thanks for the other stuff too. Not sure if the toothpaste is a hint about my breath? If so, sorry for whoever has been offended. Love it all, and will be using my mug and my cards and my lists very soon.
Thank you and Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

K said...

Woo-hoo!!!

Morgan's Mom said...

and WE LOVE YOU!! I think the pepper grinder finally found a beautiful home. I am laughing and crying knowing how happy all the times we shared mean so much.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos. I am glad your package arrived for you to know we are always thinking of you. Now your family can have fresh ground pepper at every meal. tmp

Katie said...

WE all miss you so much.....we had to let you know how much we think about you!!! :)

It was one of the 1st things we talked about after you moved....

Kim said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!It found a home where its presence will be a source of inspiration. The poor pepper mill was never appreciated to its fullest!! WE MISS YOU SOOOO MUCH. Kim