About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's Christmas time...in the city

Wow, where did the week go?
Been busy.
Agreed to do some Christmas shopping for my parents, which was fun, but took some time. Volunteered at the holiday sale at school. Went on another school tour with Alli. Was presented with a job possibility which completely threw me for a loop!!!! It was open school week at the dance studio, so we got to observe during dance class for both girls. Friday night we went to Carnegie Hall and out to dinner. Saturday Timm took Alli to a test for 3 hours while Liv and I went to a birthday party. Then, we met up and sorted out coats from our church's coat drive, then we walked around Manhattan, shopped a little, and enjoyed the Christmas decorations and craziness of Rockefeller Center, Bryant Park, 5th Avenue shoppers, etc. It was so FUN!

So, just to elaborate, most of you know that I am considering a job. WHAT? I know, how strange. It is a parent coordinator position at a middle school. Without rambling for 10 hours, I will just say that after fasting and praying, we feel much peace that I should take the next step towards pursuing the possibility. So, I meet with the principal tomorrow. I'll keep ya posted.
Carnegie Hall was really cool. We were able to get FREE tickets. It was fun to get dressed up with the girls and go out as a family to the city on a chilly evening. It felt very festive.

The birthday party was for Sarah, the only other young child at church right now. She turned 3. And, Alli was SO AWESOME. She never complained once about missing the party so she could take her test. It is a test that she has to take in order to apply for a scholarship to a private Christian school. Liv and I had fun at the party.

Then, the sorting of the coats. WOW. Kensington church did a coat drive to support Communitas. ANd, the outpouring was staggering. I do not have a count, but a group of us spent several hours sorting coats by sizes and gender into bags and praying for those who will receive them, hopefully with dignity and hope.




Alli and Liv mostly playing on the rocks and drank hot cocoa. But, they helped a little too, and were there to cheer us on. This is Olivia showing me that this rock is her apartment and this is her bedroom, where she sleeps.

Finally, our night in the city. Here is a pic of the girls in front of the tree at Rockefeller center. After this, my camera batteries died. So, I can stop posting now :)
I will just say, we have so much to be thankful for this Christmas season. Praise God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You girls look so beautiful. The girls with their lip gloss shinning and you with your winter jewlery. So glad you are having a festive and productive first Christmas in NY. Love you lots TMP