About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Monday, November 9, 2009

water, water everywhere....but

I'm sure you have heard the saying "water, water, everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

That's how I feel right this moment about technology. But, it just doesn't have the same ring to it, so I doubt it will ever become a cliche. "Technology, technology, everywhere, but not a byte to eat." The amount of technology available at this very moment, is literally staggering to my mind. And, I am doing fairly well with my laptop, dvr and high def tv, digital camera, ipod, and my phone that seems to do just about everything from storing all of my contacts, email, navigation, picture taking, texting, and.....oh yah....making phone calls.

But, I sat down here to do something fairly simple. To blog about my weekend, and download a few pictures. And, I can NOT get the pictures from my phone to the computer. It is so frustrating! So, here I sit, with my digital camera, it's memory card, my phone, it's memory card and the memory card it plugs into, my handy dandy card reader/writer, my laptop....and yet....I cannot do this simple task. WHATEVER! The problem is, I don't know how to problem solve when something doesn't work. Ugh.

ANYWAYS.....I will proceed with my update with minimal pictures, only the one from my actual camera :)

Let me just say....AWESOME weekend.

Friday night we had a great time for our small group. Guitar hero, pizza, baking a pumpkin pie (you go Val!), sharing and praying and studying some of God's words.

Saturday I went to women's prayer breakfast and was reminded of how God loves me and was challenged to REALLY believe it. Ahhh, refreshing!

Then we went to a birthday party for a friend of Olivia's. As I sat there with my girls, visiting with new acquaintances, I was acutely aware of how different this experience was from anything I would have normally found myself in back in MI. Nothing huge, just that I am in such a different environment here. As I sat there eating Tai food and Sushi (at an 8 year old b-day party) while the conversations around me were about current biographies someone was reading, particular art techniques and artists, architects and design styles of people like Frank Loyd Wright (who I didn't even know).....it was just interesting to me to listen and realize the diversity of trades and interests and lifestyles that tend to migrate to an urban environment. Very fun.

Anyways, the BEST day of the week was SUNDAY It was decided that we would forgo our traditional Sunday morning worship time and instead celebrate the sabbath together in the evening. We call it "second sunday" and it is a time to come together for FUN and an opportunity to invite people in our lives who we would love to introduce to our "church friends". So, since we didn't have church on Sunday morning, I thought I'd look and see if there were any 5K races going on that TImm and I could do. Sure enough, right in our neighborhood, there was the "Fuggitaboutit 5K" It was an absolutely GORGEOUS morning. Craig joined Timm and I for the 5K, Neal, our iron man, signed up for the duathalon (5K run, 14 mile bike, 5K run) and sweet Val stayed with the girls.



Not only was it a gorgeous fall morning, running in the most beautiful park, through the leaves and grassy hills....but we cleaned house! We each got a medal (fuggitabout the fact that it was a leftover medal from the mother's day 2009 triathalon), I won first place overall for the women with a time of 20:40 , and I got a really cheesy trophy. We all placed in our age divisions and walked away with a really nice pedometer. And, they fed us some really yummy bagels. You all know how much I love free food. Was it a great morning or what? Fuggitaboutit.

OK, my computer is freaking out. Gonna have to wrap this up. All I will say is that the rest of Sunday was equally as glorious. Took the train to the city, neighbor boys came along, went to an open art show of some friends of Timm's from WAY back when, then went bowling. Several of our neighbors ended up joining us, as well as the family who had the b-day party Sat. We all had a BLAST bowling and visiting. GREAT SUNDAY.

No comments: