About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Time to slow down

Ugh. I'm tired. Time to slow down.
I was so pumped up on Sunday after running like a wild woman in the 5K, then going strong all day.
But, on Monday I felt very very tired. I volunteered at the book fair at school all day, and I was dragging so bad! So, I thought maybe I had over exerted myself on Sunday.
By last night (Tues) I conceded that it is more than being tired. During the day, I was having trouble making it up and down the stairs to do the laundry. My friend came over to do our book study, and she had to do some filming for church (she is doing "the real housewives of Communitas"!) and I was not my chipper self. And when it was time to walk Liv to dance and back, I didn't know if I could do it. I'm not well. Low grade fever and achy body and cough. Dang it.
I was in bed at 8:30 last night. The girls have today off for Veteran's day and we were planning to go to see the USS New York (A Navy ship made of materials salvaged from the wreckage of the world trade center) which is docked in NY until tomorrow. But...I need rest. We won't be able to go. I'm not very good at resting.......
Times like this I just thank God that I can rest. I don't have to use up sick days to take it easy. What a blessing.

2 comments:

Sonyia said...

I know it's so hard to rest, especially when you had fun plans. But rest up and get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Great to know you have your priorities set and know how to take care of yourself.
Sorry to hear you were feeling sluggish.

I am sure you will be up and running -litterly-- very soon.
love TMP

the code work to let me post is peavis how funny just reading it makes me laugh. who makes up those charater code deals?