About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

One up, the other one down!


Well, I am very glad to say that Alli is back up from her week of illness! YAY!. However, she did not make it to school Friday for the Character Day festivities. Olivia practically ran to school in her excitement! She dressed up as Ginger Pye, a dog from a book we read together last year.

Alli was so looking forward to her special day at school. So, I promised her we would have our own party at home if she couldn't go. So, here is a picture of Alli on character day.


Stayed in her jammies all day. And, here is a picture of her at our home party. Pizza from her favorite pizzeria.



So, Saturday was halloween. We cheered in the morning when Alli took her temperature and for the first time in 7 days, it was NORMAL!!!! YAYYYY! HOOORAY!!!! Alli feels better.

But, wait a minute? What's up with Olivia? She has a splitting headache and just threw up the water she drank? She has a low grade fever and stomach pain and can't eat or drink anything? COME ON! So, Olivia laid on the couch all day, taking tiny sips of Gatorade, trying to get to a point where she was hydrated without throwing up. And, being the trooper that she is, when the time came, she got up and got dressed up as Cleopatra. Make up and all. But, if it weren't for the make up, you might have been able to see how pale she really was. Poor thing.


It was an absolutely GORGEOUS day. About 65 degrees. And, the local kids starting trick-or-treating early in the afternoon and went all day/evening. Alli and Liv made it for about 30 minutes before needing to come home. It was all I could do not to drag them further! I was having so much fun, but they just couldn't hang. If I had my own costume, I would have gone out by myself :) But, it turned out to be a wonderful day in the neighborhood. Some friends came by to hang out, pass out candy, and have some soup for dinner.

This guy showed up and just sorta hung around, making us all a little uncomfortable.....but we invited him in for dinner too.

Ha! Do you know who this is?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute costumes. The kids said this morning "It is Nov, Alli and Liv come this month!" Hope they start to bith feel better:)

Anonymous said...

That dude looks scary. kindof reminds me of Craig at your cinco demayo party a few years back.

Great party idea for Allison. Pizza~ I heard you have the best place in all NYC right by your house. Love you forever, tmp

Carrie G. said...

Isn't that guy that creepy religious dude I hear you guys talk about?