About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Friday, March 20, 2009

falling in love

Referring to my last post: In all fairness, some of the warm feelings in my soul while listening to Poi Dog might be traced back to the fact that those songs are tightly wound into the fabric of the period of time I was falling in love......
How can I resist a guy who is lip synching stuff like:
"Love is everything and everything's a distraction
Love is everything and everything's a distraction.....
I wanna be your watermelon
let me sing into your radio
let me be the yeast inside your bread
let me be the new thought inside your head"
"Ew la la la la....ew li la lew"

Or
"spending the day in the shirt that you wore...."
Or
"Oh the ancient egyptians, and the other africans, the mayans, the incans, and all the Polynesians...all around the world a long long time ago....people would walk wherever they had to go"
Or
"breakfast...good morning everybody. Sun's up, grab a slice of toast and jelly..."

OK, I need to stop.

3 comments:

K said...

I love Poi lyrics.... the songs are so fun to listen to over and over again because of the cleverness and fun of the lyrics...

T$ said...

Poi will always take me back to some of the first days I held your hand..........touched your face...........kissed your lips..........or ???????????

Anonymous said...

So mushy and romantic, no wonder you fell in love with tunes like that pumpen out of the rock box.
I don't know who Poi is or how to pronounce it. Are they Hawaiian?
Pickel Head