About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Monday, January 26, 2009

yelllow light, proceed with caution

I had a clear visual this morning as I spent quiet time trying to listen to God. These don't come very often, so I thank him for the gift.
What I realized, and HATE admitting, is that my disobedience has created a red light in my life. I saw it clearly. I've prayed SO MANY TIMES for God to reveal any hidden sin and roadblocks in my life. Especially this past year and a half. Here and there, I'd feel like he would reveal something. But, today, I realize that I just wasn't willing to listen. He has spoken to me many times, and I ignored it. Who wants to face the reality of sinfulness and the need to change? Not me. Ugh! The pride that reveals disgusts me. I thought I was "fine" and it was OTHERS who had issues to deal with.
So, I'm humbled. And I'm ready to listen. And I'm ready to take the blame for my own pride and unwillingness to acknowledge his promptings. And, as I laid down some very specific things to the Lord this morning, my visual of a Red Light changed to a yellow light. I feel like he is telling me that we can "proceed with caution" if I am willing to remain humbled and stop looking at the speck in others' eyes, while ignoring the plank in my own.
Thank you God for my divine appointment Saturday. I love how you communicate truths to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In Christ and his cross we do not trudge under the legalism of shoulds. We dance in the empowering joys of YOU Can.

I know you will do all He has planned for you to do. As we clean out the garbage in our lives He fills the space with so much peace and love. tmp