About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Good morning God

Sometimes I wake up a good hour before my alarm and remarkably, I feel no need to sleep any longer. Of course, my inclination is to default to the planning part of my brain, to think ahead throughout my day, the night, and the next day to determine if it is wise to give up an additional hour of sleep in exchange for getting up. But, by then, I am into full swing freak out mode, making lists in my head and calculating all of the things I have yet to accomplish in my week, month, or year. I have lost the war of rational thought. I'm getting up.
But seriously, today was one of those days. And, I honestly felt this inexplicable excitement to start my day (along with the anxiety of unaccomplished tasks lingering). The truth is, I really am in love with Jesus. I wanted to get up so that I could hang out with him for a while before trying to tackle my to-do list on my own. He is the only one who can help me put the tasks and emotions into perspective. I needed to vent a bit, and he was there to listen. I had some questions, and he was there to point out some truths that bring me peace. I had some self doubt, and he was there to build me up. Not only does he comfort me in all of that, but at the same time, he will challenge me to be better, remind me that there isn't an easy way, and encourage me that I'm up for the challenge that is life.
I don't know what I would turn to if not Jesus. I happen to believe with all my heart that he is real and that what he says is truth. There really do not seem to be a lot of absolutes in the world. I need at least one.
So, good morning God. Thanks for calling before the day got too hectic. It was great to spend some time with you :)

1 comment:

Mayes in Manhattan Blog said...

Thanks for the inspiring words. I wake up the same way- into my lists and anxieties of the day- and too often invest that extra hour into being "productive" rather than just being- with Him!