About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Escaping the Matrix

If you follow T$ blog, you already know that we were able to attend a couple of teaching opportunities this week with one of our favorite teachers. That would be Greg Boyd, pastor of Woodland Hills Church.
He is so intelligent and is able to articulate amazing truths at such a rapid pace, I absolutely love listening to him. He is so passionately in love with Jesus, it is inspiring. If you like to listen to new teachers, or read, and you haven't already, then check him out!
He wrote a book, and presented a seminar called "Escaping the Matrix". And, it was very powerful for me to reflect on. I'm not going to attempt to recap his seminar, as that would be a ridiculous attempt.
But, I will share that I am able to focus this week on the way GOD created me to function on this earth. And that is with God as my Lord, pouring into my spirit, which affects my thoughts and feelings, which in turn affect my body and my outward expression, which affects the world and drives out satan's power. This is called the KINGDOM of heaven. Jesus' kingdom, driving out satan's power on earth. Unfortunately, most of us are often backwards on this! We let satan influence the world, which then influences our body, affects our thoughts and feelings, which affect our spirit, which we think is our spirit and God. But, it was all influenced by satan and his rule over the earth. We perceive things as we gather things through our senses...the world around us! Well, we need to gather our TRUTH from the source of truth, which is our creator. NOT THE WORLD! If you read the scriptures, and they don't seem right, it is because you are brainwashed by the world.
So, should I brainwash myself with scripture? Yep. That's exactly what I should do. With scripture and anything else that points to the truth of my creator. because if I don't actiavely pursue brainwashing myself, then I passively participate in being brainwashed by the world (which is satan's territory).
OK, I said I wouldn't try to recap what he taught. You can see why.
But, here's the deal. Whether you think I'm crazy or not.....I'm actively pursuing the goal of brainwashing myself. Escaping the matrix of this world I live in, and letting the truth of my creator program my thoughts. My computer (brain) will be downloaded constantly with truth from my creator, and not just the images it recieves from this earthly existence. I love the earth in as much as it was created by God! I don't hate the earth. But, I am fully aware of satan's stronghold on the earth, and that part.....I will actively fight against in order to reclaim it for God.
So, if you think I'm crazy, you are right. I am. And I thank God daily for awakening my spirit to His amazing truths and making me a rebel against the principalities and powers of this earth. Bring it on! Because, those powers are real, and evil, and oh so deceptive and alluring. But, when you KNOW the truth, you see those powers of evil for what they are, and you are the victor, and you get the opportunity to be a warrior for the kingdom of heaven. Sign me up! An agent of love and peace and light in a wrold of darkness.
Now you know for sure. I'm a Jesus freak!

2 comments:

Living My Backward's Life (formerly A Michigander Grows in Brooklyn) said...

Brainwashing. Interesting word to use, but memorable. I can say it makes sense. The more I read and spend time with Jesus, the less I am influenced by the world and life is better.

T$ said...

So glad we are taking the blue pill.........or is it the red one?