About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

If you decide to live in Michigan...

I really believe that if you decide to live in Michigan, you should embrace and enjoy the winter months. If you are going to sit around and complain about snow all winter, please do us all a favor and move so we don't have to listen to it.
Before you all attack me, I understand that I don't have to commute every day in the white stuff. So, perhaps I am able to embrace more easily. I'll give you that one. And, before you throw out the next argument, I realize that I pretty much go south every year for a week to visit my parents in Florida, which allows me the taste of Spring that gives me hope to get through late winter blues. I'll grant you that one as well.
But, I must reach back through the years and shout out to my aunt and uncle for taking me Up North Michigan to learn to ski at a young age. I'm no expert, but I can hold my own and enjoy myself on a slope.
Secondly, I want to thank God that I woke up Tuesday morning feeling better. Because it was my annual ski trip with my nephew. We got to the ski hill right about when it opened and got our "two for one" lift tickets. We stayed till just about the time our day tickets expired. Even got to ski under the lights for about an hour. Granted, I took more warm-up breaks than my young nephew who only stopped once for the obligatory fueling (an apple) and voiding (quick restroom visit). I tend to get cold quickly and needed a few more hand thawing sessions. Which was just fine.
Anyways, it was great. We had a fabulous day. If you live in Michigan, you really should find SOMETHING you enjoy doing in the winter. Sledding, walking outdoors, reading a book and just peering out the window at the soft white, snowmobiling, getting pulled behind a tractor on a sled while getting huge face-fulls of snow, cross country skiing, ice skating......you get the point.
Happy Michigan winter to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your annual ski trip has been a great blessing to your nephew as well....especially since his momma has developed a huge fear of going on the ski lift or watching any of her children do so.
It has been great for all your nephews and niece as well. So hopefully you can get a second chance to go this year.......
I like to book and peeking out the window way of enjoying the winter. Just started a new book by Rosenberg. I would hightly recomend it: Dead Heat.
tmp