About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall is in the air




I remember last year at this time, sitting in our small group bible study (not realizing at the time that we would be stepping down from leading that group, which we MISS!) anyways, we were sharing, for fun, what our favorite time of the year is. I think I was surprised that every single person said Fall. Football, back to school, cider mills, cooler weather, leaves changing, etc. It actually gave me more of a fondess for Fall with everyone sharing such warm feelings. Of course, I think I was the only one who said summer.
So, this fall, I am immensly enjoying the fall season. We have been to Wolcott Mill farm learning center, Big Red apple orchard, and of course PANKIEWICZ cider mill! Just so that you all know, they do have the BEST donuts. The best. Don't even bother getting them at those other carnivals that call themselves apple orchards. The Pank mill might not have haunted hayrides through a corn maze while petting farm animals and climbing a hay mountain. . . . you get what I mean. But, what they do have is YUMMY apples, cider and donuts, as well as a ton of charm. Stop by sometime.
Michigan weather is so strange. Last year for Alli's b-day, it was so hot. In the 80's. This weekend, we have some fun celebrations planned for our big girl turning 9. And, the high temps soar into the 50's. I can't believe it is October. I can't believe my baby is turning 9.
Life is good. Fall is good.

1 comment:

K said...

Your baby! Your fashion queen baby.... she is at a cider mill, at age 8 and is dressed in the hottest style... walking shorts matched with an adorable belt. How does she do that at her age? I went to a cider mill and wore jeans and an orange shirt... blah, boring, and I'm in my 30's????