About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm in love


Perhaps I have neglected to mention that I am in love? I notice something when I peruse the mustard seed distributed blog. T$ has a knack for mentioning his wife and his love for her. What a great thing to do. Have I neglected to do the same? Shame on me.
I honestly can not believe how God has blessed me with T$. I was not the type of girl who always dreamed of being married and living happily ever after. Guess I was a little too independent to believe someone could make me any happier than I was on my own. Seemed like it would be a drag to have to worry about someone else all the time :) Dating was a little bit of fun, but I have to admit that I was always thinking ahead to how exactly we'd end our time together, and I did my best to not get too wrapped up in a person who would eventually be a part of my past.
Then T$ came along and turned my little world upside down. Don't misunderstand. . . it wasn't love at first sight, sweep me off my feet, romance. Oh no, it was much more effective than that. Let's just say, God knew exactly how to break through my world of independent self sufficiency, and he sent T$ to do it! Thank you God for knowing me better than I know myself! As usual.
Some of the things that made me fall in love with my man: his sense of humor, his confidence, his intelligence, his poetry and how he sees the world around him from a spiritual perspective, his independence, his sense of adventure, his desire to seize the moment and have fun, his ability to remain calm and logical and not let anxiety take over, and I can't neglect to mention his uncanny ability to read me like a book, throw me off completely, and make me see another dimension of myself that simply wasn't clear before he helped me to see it.
Can I just say that each of those attributes drew me into falling for him when I didn't see it coming at all! And now, 15 years later, I am more in love with him than EVER! I appreciate every one of those qualities like never before and I thank God every single day for orchestrating our lives to be together. And as each of us pursue our relationship with God as the number one love of our lives, we grow closer and closer and closer to one another. That's the way it works! God IS LOVE.
I do not necessarily believe in "soul mates" per say. I do not necessarily think that each person can only find that ONE other person. But, I do believe that God brought Timm and I together. I know it as definitely as I know anything! But, for us to continue to grow in our love, we NEED to constantly pursue love. GOD IS LOVE. He desn't just expalin what love is, or tell us how to love, or give advice about love. . . HE IS LOVE. As T$ and I grow closer to that perfect LOVE, which is God, we grow closer to loving each other.
So, if I have neglected to mention my lover, I'm sorry. It just points to my tendency to be fact-oriented. If you look at my blog, it tends to present facts and information about myself and my family and friends. If you look at mustard seed, it tends to present thoughts and feelings. That is just one more example of how God put these two pieces of a puzzle together to complement one another in our differences. I am capable of sharing thoughts and feelings and emotions, but it just tends to happen in a more protected environment, whereas T$ has the ability to be transparent with everyone. One more thing I love about him. Integrity. . being who he is without apology. Not changing himself to please the crowd. So, if he has offended you due to this quality I am praising, please understand that it is part of his beauty. Yes, the fact that he doesn't give a sh#$ about what you think. . . it's a beautiful thing! he-he.
Love you T$

1 comment:

T$ said...

Thanks mucho. I'm sitting in my hotel room crying all by myself right now. You know that I love you more than words can explain. No, you're schmoopy.