About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekend update

Yes, I realize it is Tuesday and I am posting a weekend update. I did attempt to start this several times, but never finished.
So, we had such a great family weekend!!! Crap! The phone just rang. See, I can never seem to get time without interruptions. Who can, really? Oh good, it was my husband. I never mind taking a call from my sweet man. So, where was I?
Oh yah, awesome family time this weekend.
Friday night we had a fun dinner of tacos and nachos, then went to see the High School Musical production put on by the Richmond Community Theater. I was a very proud aunt!!! My 15 year old niece and 13 year old nephew were both starring in the show. And my nephew had a solo. It was great! Olivia was so cute, she got autographs afterwards from the actors.
Satruday we got up early and headed to Detroit for a thing going on at the science center. We got a membership this year, and it was cool to go to a member's only preview of a show in the planetarium. Enjoyed that a lot. And, we happened to meet up with our friends who were going also, and didn't even plan for that until the day before! After the show, we hung out with them at the science center for a few hours. Kids had a blast. Small hiccup in the plans, our realtor called and said we had two showings for the afternoon. UGH! Our house was trashed. So, Timm whipped home and did a quick house cleaning, and whipped back down to Detroit. . . all while we were enjoying our time at the science center. COME ON! What a great guy.
After that we headed to the park where we do the monthly bbq with the homeless. It was such a gorgeous day. And I spent a lot more time visiting with the people, which was very cool. I am not always quick to warm up to people, and have always found that my comfort zone is serving up the food and a smile. But, after going there for so many months, I'm finally learning to be comfortable and to find value in just hanging out and visiting with everyone.
Sunday after church, we went to Emil's buffalo tavern out here in Richmond. They were having their buffalo fest weekend. An old friend of mine from Richmond bought the "famous" local tavern which had been closed for many years. She put a lot of work into remodeling it and re-opened it recently with a great new menu. We had dinner before heading out to Troy for our Communitas meeting. At first I was so dissappointed because they had a limited menu with lots of buffalo meat items, but nothing exciting to me. Then, I was even more dissappointed because something got messed up with our dinner ticket and it took an HOUR after ordering to get our food. We were growing more faint my the minute. 3pm and still hadn't had lunch! However, my disappointment miraculously faded and turned to joy when the manager told us he was picking up the tab due to the inconvenince. YAY! We rarely go out for dinner. And for it to end up being free!!! Thank you Jesus. Now we can afford to go back some time when the regualr menu is available, since I've heard such great things about it.
OK, I'm babbling and it's time to get dinner on the table. I've been running back and forth to the kitchen as I type.
Once again, if you have made it this far with my ramblings, God bless ya.

1 comment:

T$ said...

I made it through, and I love you.