About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Monday, February 28, 2011

good weekend get togethers

Well, if I do say so myself, we had some fun and successful gatherings this weekend.
Saturday night we hosted a euchre party. It was a really fun time. I already can't wait to do it again! I so appreciate the length of the commute people took to get out here (from Jersey, Upper west and upper east side, white plains, and the rest of y'all). And a shout out to our friends with vehicles who piled others in to give rides home!
I should mention that Timm unapologetically took the majority of everyone's money. But, Heather walked away with a few bucks, Brad made his initial investment back, and Taylor went home with some quarters. Keith was presented with the honorable necklace of disgrace. You wore it well.
Yes, if any are willing to trek out to Brooklyn again, we will definitely be planning another euchre party for the future.
I was a bit whooped on Sunday. Not only did the euchre festivities stretch into the late evening/early morning hours.....but I decided it would be a good idea to go out after euchre with a few ladies to a local Karaoke bar. Whew....late night. Lots of fun.
So, Sunday, after enjoying our gathering at church, and lunch afterwards, and a jog in the park while the girls rode their bikes.....we hosted another get together.
My girls had their first "girl's club" at our place. It was a great time. My girls and a couple of friends prepared and enjoyed a meal together, played some games (minute to win it style), participated in an activity/lesson from a book called "Everybody tells me to be myself, but I don't know who I am" and then did a craft together. They had a great time, and so did I.
My girls have really been craving some time like this with other girls. Time to have fun, talk about issues and ideas, contemplate beliefs and values, learn from biblical truths, and just build deeper friendships. I prayed a lot about doing this group. It ended up that none of Alli's friends could come, and only a couple of Liv's friends. And, that was just fine. It was a nice group of four and I look forward to our time together in the weeks to come.
So, like I said, fun gatherings this weekend.
Sad to say goodbye to the week we had off for winter break. Had a TON of fun as a family. Several dates with Timm, several playdates for the girls, several family outings....good times!
Would include pics...if I could find the camera. Hmmm

No comments: