About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

That's Pun!









I am sitting here basking in the joy of good times, family, and lots of love.
We were not able to go to Florida as we had planned for our winter break. So, we decided to stay here in NYC, since we have not taken the time to do that as a family. To enjoy some time off at home. Ahhhh, good choice.
We talked some family into visiting! Even though they only had two days off work, and they had to break the drive up into four days to accommodate the star of the visit (our two year old niece), they did it! And we are so grateful!
Katie, Kelly, Izzy and Alyssa came to NYC. And, it was PUN. (Izzy says her "F" as a "P" right now, so we like to do it too). It might have been my girls who taught her to walk around repeating "I parted.....it was punny." However, the adults need to hold themselves responsible for repeating this particular phrase OVER and OVER all weekend! I'm not sure why we find the topic of having gas so stinkin hysterical. But, we do.
After church on Sunday, we said goodbye to our visitors as we ate some lunch and got ready for our Daytona 500 "party".
Timm has been looking forward to the kick off of this Nascar season. We invited some friends to come over, watch the race, get in on a bet, eat some junk, and hang out. Surprisingly, we only had about four takers. Where are all the Nascar fans? Apparently, not in NYC. Actually, it was a perfectly wonderful day. I had fun looking at old photo albums and showing off old hairstyles with my lady friends, Timm had a great time watching the race. In the end, Alli won the betting pool. And, I must say, I really enjoyed the last few laps of the race. Everyone else had taken off, and the girls were playing with a friend, and it was just Timm and I (me asking 50 questions about what was going on). Good times.
Yesterday, we enjoyed such a great evening out! The four of us went to the Met, where the girls sketched some ancient roman artifacts. Then we went to Serendipity. We had a gift certificate that had been sitting around for over a year! We had heard that their desserts are amazing, and we were pretty excited! We put our name in and it was over an hour wait. So, we went to Dylan's Candy Bar in the meantime. It was INSANE! Anyways, I can NOT believe we did this, but when we finally sat down in this adorable little place, my girls said they were hungry for dinner. Liv said she really felt like a salad. However, we had eaten before we left and we were really planning on indulging in the DESSERTS! So, what did we do? We talked our children into skipping salad or sandwich and eating DESSERT for dinner!!! Who does that? Ha! I can't believe we did that. It was AWESOME! I will let the picture speak for themselves. We definitely INDULGED.
Wow, this winter break sure is off to a good start. More fun things planned for the rest of the break, and enjoying the rest and relaxation as well.
Now, to attach the pictures!

2 comments:

Sonyia said...

Dessert for dinner is the best treat EVAR!

KT said...

I had more PUN than I have in a really long time with you guys!!! My guts hurt from so much laughing. I am so glad we made the long trip. Even tho we had to miss a few days to travel with the princess, it was SO worth it! And how come I didn't get to go to THAT ice cream place???!!!!!! You left me out? Dang it! Thanks for taking us all in!