About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

holiness

It's been a while since I posted!
Today in my devotional Oswald Chambers talks about being holy.
He says "we must continually remind ourselves of the purpose of life. We are not destined to happiness, nor to health, but to holiness. Today we have far too many desires and interests, and our lives are being consumed and wasted by them. Many of them may be right, noble, and good, and may later be fulfilled, but in the meantime God must cause their importance to us to decrease."
OUCH!
I won't say much more about that. It speaks for itself.
Am I continually reminding myself of my purpose? To be holy? Hmmmmm.
Some updates:
*Liv used her saved money to purchase a unicycle. She is eagerly awaiting it's arrival.
*Alli has decided to make a significant purchase with her saved money as well. She has been interested in photography for over a year. She is planning to buy herself a good camera!
*Timm has been working in Buffalo during the week, and home with us on the weekends. His schedule will continue to involve lots of travel this year, and will apparently unfold as we go along, with a good measure of unpredictability.
*Today Alli and I have a meeting with her new advisor at her new middle school.
*We have to take Liv to the doc because she has been complaining of pain in her leg for over a week.
*Friday we start up our small group and can not wait to reconnect with everyone after a long break.
*It's hot.
*Our good friend is in the hospital with a sudden and very serious illness. We are praying for her recovery and a bit in shock that someone could suddenly be so sick. Please pray for Jen and her family.
*Last Saturday night a sweet friend had the girls spend the night with her so that Timm and I could go out on a date. She even took them out to a cool restaurant for dessert! Timm and I had a marvelous time. Seriously. I feel like the most blessed woman on the face of the earth because of the husband/marriage God has given me. And then, on top of it, we have friends who will love on our girls so that we can go out? Come on.
*Praying every day for Grandma Kelly. Thanking God for the peace He has given us and praying for peace, comfort, and healing for Gramma. Also, thanking God for Aunt KT who is the only sibling able to be there with Gramma in MI. And, thanking God that my family is so awesome that they have stepped in where I cannot and offer love and help to my mom-in-law.
*There are 8 million things I could update, but I'll just say, I hope to continually remind myself of my purpose...to be holy. WHat is that? I think it is to strive to be more like Jesus every day. By taking the time to stop and ask God what HE wants me to do. I feel He is prompting me in some areas, and I eagerly await His provision to serve in the ways He is directing. I know that I have far too many "desires and interests" of my own. And, no matter how "right, noble, and good" they may be, I want to be walking in the path God has for me, not on my own path.




No comments: