About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

surprise!

Oh, surprises are so much stinkin fun!
I wanted to post a photo here of one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world. Because, she turned 40 this weekend, and I had the opportunity to be there to surprise her and celebrate in Chicago! But I am once again having technical difficulties with the photo download ISSUE.
But, let me just say, I had no idea 20 years ago, sitting in my World History class at community college, that the girl I was studying with would become such a huge part of my life FOREVER.
We studied together that semester, ended up going on a hilarious trip together that spring break (with her best bud from childhood who I have grown to love as well), and from that point, our lives have been forever immeshed and connected in so many ways.
I truly love this woman and thank God for bringing her into my life.
I am also so thankful for the generosity of her best bud from childhood who is about the best friend a girl could ever have. It was her who contacted me and begged me to come to Chicago to celebrate. She even covered a lot of my expenses to make it happen!
Carrie, you have an amazing husband, an incredible best friend, and we all love you! It has been hard to move so far away from you, but I am looking forward to every future opportunity we have to hang out, and all of the future milestone birthdays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you kept is a surprise from everyone.
Amazing how God brings the people we need into our lives. He gives us the desires of our heart (even before we know what we need).
Glad your trip was a blast.
Post a photo soon. tpm