About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Monday, April 5, 2010

He has risen indeed




I do not recall a more glorious Easter day!
We were all up at 5:30am, searching the apartment for hidden eggs and baskets. Out the door by 6am to get to the sonrise service in Central Park.
More than a hundred of us gathered on a hill of rock, overlooking a small lake, backed by trees in full bloom. Behind the trees, we watched as the sun rose and the rays glimmered off the water. All the while, we lifted our voices to sing praises to our Risen Christ. I was able to share my story. The story of how Jesus has changed me and transformed my life. Craig inspired us by teaching about death, something we ALL will face. But, the fact that we have HOPE and do not have to fear death because Christ offers us an invitation to overcome death and live forever with him in paradise.
About 50 of us gathered at our friend's apartment for brunch. We packed the place out, and poured out onto their huge patio, where the temperatures began to rise into the 70's!
In the afternoon, we relaxed, ran in the park, Timm cleaned the apartment, including windows and floors!
Then, we hosted Easter dinner here for friends.
We feasted.
GLORIOUS day.
He has risen.
He has risen indeed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

char....Kim Garan here. i just started a blog but nobody is able to post a comment....do they have to have a blog to comment? I used blogspot