About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

seven fiddy

Good thing I'm in vacation mode and money feels different. Budget is relaxed as we enjoy some meals out and things we don't normaly indulge on. So, when I learned that the cost of getting the van back is $750 (seven fiddy), what can I do? Just be glad that, thanks to Dave Ramsey, and God blessing us financially, we have that tucked away in savings for just this very possiblity, right? That's the beauty of owning a used vehicle with 125,000 miles on it. No car payment, just a monthly line in the budget that gets tucked away for repairs.
Missing my girlies a bit. And, family too.
BUT, we went to the most AWESOME concert last night. SO STINKIN FUN! I've been to a lot of concerts, but I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone quite like Los Amigos Invisibles. They are described as "A Venezuelan party band that combines a love of disco and funk with their reverence for old-fashined dances like mambo and bossanova." They just JAMMED. And, it would have been imposible to even consider sitting down. THey compel you to DANCE.
Oh, and did I mention it was a perfectly gorgeous night and we just walked over to the park and saw the concert for free, with just a $3 suggested donation? And, the opening band was great too. More mellow and folky, but excellent! They were from COlumbia and called "Aterciopelados" Don't ask me how to pronounce that.
Gotta go.
Meeting the ladies from Communitas for prayer and bible study and reflection in Central Park. On a Sat morning, it will take me a while to get there. SO looking forward to seeing them and connecting together with my sister's in Christ and our Heavenly Father!