About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back up to june 4

Hi. It's been a long time since I have been able to update my blog. I'd like to back up to June 4. See, as i've mentioned before, I maintain quite a few journals. So, in the absence of this blog, I wrote more in my other journal.
ON that day, I wrote about my devotional for the day.

In "My Utmost for His Highest", Chambers has this to say:
"We have the idea that God is going to do some exceptional thing-that He is preparing and equipping us for some extraordinary work in the future. But, as we grow in His grace, we find that God is glorifying himself here and now, at this very moment. If we have God's assurance behind us, the most amazing strentgth becomes ours and we learn to sing, glorifying Him even in the ordinary days and ways of life."

How does he do it? How does Oswald Chambers manage to just nail it and challenge me RIGHT where I am. Or encourage me, right when I could use it? He pulls these thoughts from Hebrews 13:5 "He himself has said 'I will never leave you nor forsake you'"
Now, I love that verse, but, on my own, I don't see how I would have been inspired to make the statements he made. It's so cool.

This has been one of the biggest lessons I've learned the last two years of my life! God is not simply PREPARING me to do something exceptional and grand. No. He is with me right now. Today. This day. THis moment. And, on THIS day, with my little "to-do" list place by the side of my journal....He wants to glorify Himself through every single thing I do. ANd, it is my absolute joy to allow His glory to shine through me. I may never leave the house-yet it is a day God has given me and I will bring Him glory, in all I do, think and say!

So many people are curious about what I plan to do for Communitas once we move. Truth is, I have no idea! God has not revealed to me what He has planned for my time, talent, or treasure. But, by abiding in him daily - I have been able to discern what I believe to be some of my God given talents and abilities. I want to use them to bring Him glory in any way that I can. But, it's foolish to believe that I'm WAITING for some grand opportunity or transition and THEN I'll be doing God's work. NO! I'm His faithful servant NOW. Here. Anywhere I go! And I may never have what appears to be an impressive ministry, but I don't need to impress anyone but my boss - God. He knows my heart and my heart praises Him as King...Lord...Giver of life and love and grace. And I will proclaim that through my words and actions wherever He chooses to place me.

So, am I excited about His plans for me in NY? You betcha! But, I don't expect some big, grand, specific role. I just expect to continue honoring him with my choices. And I know He will provide the opportunities for me to serve. When people ask me "What are YOU going to do in New York?" I need to answer "I'm going to serve God by showing love to people. I'm not exactly sure how that's going to look yet - but I'm excited to find out!"

Did you read all the way through this???? Wow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I read all the way through. I can't get enough of your life journy. Oh how I love the phrase you used...I only need to please my boss. It is wonderful to understand that we have one Master. We only need to please HIM. To please God we care for mankind, we can't please mankind to serve God. Oh I hope that makes sence, in my head it does, however in reading it sounds choppy. Ok, Keep loveing and Serving our King. Pickel Head

Living My Backward's Life (formerly A Michigander Grows in Brooklyn) said...

I love Chambers! Best daily devotional I've ever had! Thanks for sharing your inspiration and journey.