About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Itchy

OK, I'm sitting here all itchy because I just read kush's blog about bedbugs in NYC. Lord, please, could we avoid that challenge once we move? I'm not exactly the squirmish type, but YUCK! I tend to be a freegan at heart (I'd prefer to search for things that have been used and/or tossed out by others rather than to buy them retail if at all possible. This seems to be a logical way to reduce, reuse, recycle...and save a bunch of money). But, I have been warned multiple times about the "bedbug issue" in NYC and I don't know if I will be able to acquire my furniture with my freegan mindset or not. Don't really want any uninvited critters jumping around our little apartment if it is at all possible to avoid!
ANyways, I am sitting back at the house we moved out of. We have 5 more days until we close the deal and the new guy moves in. So, I'm taking advantage of the wifi and letting the girls play with their friends down the street.
I'm feeling abundantly blessed this week. We moved on Saturday, and had a bunch of people running around working their butts off to make that happen. My parents showed up first thing, followed by other friends and family. We loaded up several trucks and vans....and we did it! We are all nestled into our temporary home. And, how blessed we are to have this amazing space to live for several months! Timm's parents have graciously given us a ton of space to live and store our stuff. Wow. The day after we moved was Mother's day and we also celebrated Liv's 7th birthday. My parents let us throw a party at their house, since we moved everything out of ours. It was a great day and I was so thankful to be surrounded by family, knowing that future birthdays, mother's days and such will not be the same.
Well, I don't feel like getting very deep. Timm already did that in his blog, and I concur. I pray for the new owner of this house, and praise God for the life we have enjoyed while living here.I thank God for family who are literally amazing. We are blessed so far beyond measure by our families.
Yesterday was liv's actual b-day. We went to Chuck E Cheese for some fun, and had taco tuesday for dinner at aunt KT's. Good times. My baby is seven, and I can hardly believe it. She is an absolute JOY in our lives and I thank God for her every day!
God is good.

No comments: