About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mesopotamia? Who knew?

So, we are just into our second week of school here in the Kelly home. And we are in full swing home school mode. I realize it has only been a few days, but so far, I am LOVING it!
We are studying world history from creation all the way into the 1900's. This week we have been learning about some of the very first civilizations ever. We're learning about archeologists and all of their discoveries, as well as a bunch of geography. I must say, I am loving it, and I am looking forward to learning all about this stuff WITH them.
At the library, I was showing Alli where some of the documentaries and instructional media is, when she noticed a collection about ancient civilizations. She checked one out about Mesopotamia because we had just been learning about it that day. And, we watched it last night. OH MY. It could not have been a better fit with our curriculum. How fun is that?
OK, so maybe you aren't as excited as I am. . . but I guess this is just my idea of fun right now!
She also checked out a video about the titanic because she has been interested in that ever since she read a book and did a project about it last year. I just LOVE to see my girls demonstrate a DESIRE to learn about things.
Also, started a home school gymnastics class on Monday and excel home school co-op today. Girls had a great time. IT's all good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So perfect, it is fantastic to see them love to learn. Glad the school is going good. Our God be praised.

Morgan's Mom said...

How cool is that, school movies already, that was when I would usually nap.
Sounds like you and the girls are adapting well, that is really neat.

T$ said...

Kudos to the best teacher..........evar.