About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

double digits

When I startedwriting this blog, I think it was because I was moving far away from so many friends and family, and this felt like a way to share a glimpse of my day to day life if they felt like checking in.  Since then, we are all on facebook, and I am able to literally share my day to day life instantly with pictures and everything.
So, this has fallen to the wayside.
When I am compelled to write, it is usually when I am contemplating something and have a lot of words in my head.
But, this time I simply felt like sharing an update.
Busy few weeks.
First of all, as the title of the post indicates....double digits!  Olivia had her 10th birthday!  We had a really fun party with some of her friends.  A backwards theme.  She had two of her friends sleep over, which was a first for her.
Her actual birthday fell on a Saturday, so we went out to dinner at a really nice Thai restaurant and then enjoyed just walking around to some stores on 5th ave (Brooklyn, not Manhattan).
Liv continues to be an absolute joy to be around.  She is crazy, hilarious, creative, and spontaneous.  We never stop laughing, and never stop saying "Liiiiv!"  when she does something careless that we didn't see coming and have to draw her attention to it so she will stop (walking into traffic, bumping into things, etc).  She is kinda busy right now doing drama club after school once a week, girls on the run twice a week, and dance classes too!  She decided that she does want to be in the Junior dance company again next year.  It's ludicrously expensive to the point where i feel horrible because we could feed starving children with that money!!!!! But, we are going to let her do it for one more year.  She worked so hard and is really disciplined and strong.  And, I feel it is so good for her.  And, Timm absolutely loves to see her dance!
Alli just went to school an hour early to participate in drama club.
She is also doing track after school once a week.
Friday she is going on a field trip to Gettysburg!
She has been such an incredibly GREAT kid.  I am so proud of her, my heart feels like it could explode.  Her teachers have good things to say about having her in class, she has shown some improvements in most of her grades, she has been putting in a lot of effort towards projects and homework.  She seems to have a least one party every weekend on the calendar!  When she doesn't, she has at least one friend here sleeping over.
I have been really busy with volunteer stuff.  It's good, but I am maxed out at the moment.  VP of the PTA at Liv's school.  Also, chair of the Fitness Committee there.  We just received a big grant to improve the schoolyard, so we have to plan for that.  And, I am coordinating a partnership between the school and a local organization to provide PE classes at the school.  We have end of the year activities coming up there, and it is literally almost daily that we have something.  I also am part of the school leadership team there.
Meanwhile, I took on co-secretary position on the pTSO at Alli's school.  Meanwhile am chairing the committee for the annual SPring Gala that is TOMORROW.  Yikes.  What did I get myself into?? Also  volunteered for field day at her school, and whatever else I can do.
Last week, I was given the opportunity to try a new way to serve my church community.  Chris and Craig asked me to try teaching on a Sunday.  Well, now that it is all said and done, I feel OK about it and I am glad it is done.  It was WAY outside my comfort zone and required a LOT more prep than I ever imagined.  And, the day I spoke, I was not feeling very good about it.  I felt like I blew it.  But, I listened to it online, and it wasn't as bad as I thought.  Especially considering it was my first try.  It certainly is a stretch for me though.  Way outside of my comfort.  If God plans to use me in that capacity in the future, He is going to have to do ALL of the work.  It is not my idea of how I'd like to serve!
So, it is time to get Liv up and off to school.
After tomorrow's gala....I wake up super early Friday morning and Timm is taking me to the airport.  Timm is the absolute, hands-down, best husband in the world.  I fly to MI to spend my girls weekend with some awesome friends in Ann Arbor!  THen, my incredible friend is taking me to my Mom and Dad's on Sunday where I get to spend two days visiting before they take me back to the airport to fly home.  Fri-Tuesday!  I'm going on VACATION!  And, I could really use a break.
SO, there. An update of what is happening.
Oh, forgot to mention that Timm has been gone every single week and back on weekends for about a month.  He is in Dayton right now.  So, I've been single parenting it.
A break does sound good.
BYE~!


No comments: