About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Liv's writing


I hope Liv doesn't get mad at me. But, today I was up to my eyeballs in arts, crafts, paints, papers, stickers, markers, etc. I was sorting and organizing the girls' stuff.
If you know Liv, you may know that she has a bit of an obsession with journals, notebooks, diaries, note pads, etc. We try to keep them "organized" but I find them all over the place. They are usually titled and intended for a very specific purpose. For example, "summer journal" "doodles" "christmas journal" "new york journal" "poems" "songs" and on and on.
Today I came across one that wasn't titled. I just love reading what she writes! Here is an excerpt of what I found.
PRESSURE:
little things happen
every day.
little things happen
every night.
little people from the country
come to see the world.
everything has changed -
for us to do tonight.
come with me
it's our night!
come and see us
come and look
come and seek us
come and find us
when our home has
found the rest
we will sit and look
when we found our everything
we will go find
somewhere to rest
we will sit down and rest
and lift up our hearts
and say "halaluyia
our people have changed
halaluyia our city has
CHANGED."

PURPOSE:
some people have feelings
some people have no feelings
some people are like me and don't know what they have
or what their purpose is

THE LAKESIDE:
I was sitting by the lakeside
watching the fish jump
I watched them as they leaped out of the water
all night long.
The trees were fully bloomed
the flowers were beautiful
the lake was sparkling by the sun
It had no-one
but
EVERYONE.

BEAUTIFUL DREAMS
Everything that you dream is beautiful.
as you dream it fades away.
let that be the one that you find.
let that be the one that you like.
now lift up high.

I find this stuff all the time. I mean, she was 7 or 8 when she wrote this. Kinda neat to see how she thinks. But, sometimes she gets embarrassed when I want to read it or show other people. So, I might have offended her. But, for those of you who love Livvy, I had to share. Her heart is so sweet.


2 comments:

K said...

Loved it! Thanks for sharing. I will keep it a secret.

Little Rose of Sharon said...

those are so amazeing. I am in awe. I know they are clutter, yet they are art too. can't wait to see where God takes this wonderful gift.